(1) Carpentier., D.C.J., Gao, W.N.D., Ewles, H., Morgan, G.W., and Smith, G.L. (2015). Vaccinia virus protein complex F12/E2 interacts with kinesin light chain isoform 2 to engage the kinesin-1 motor complex. PLoS Pathogens; In press.
(2) Morgan, G.W.*, Kail, M., Hollinshead, M. and Vaux, D.J. (2013). Combined biochemical and cytological analysis of membrane trafficking using lectins. Analytical Biochemistry; 4411, 21–31. *Corresponding author.
(3) Morgan, G.W., Ferguson B.J., Hollinshead, M., Murphy, B.J., Carpentier, D. and Smith, G.L. (2010). Vaccinia protein F12 has structural similarity to kinesin light chain and contains a motor binding motif required for virion export. PLoS Pathogens; 6(2): e1000785.
(4) Morgan, G.W., Denny, P.W., Vaughan, S., Goulding, D., Jeffries, T.R., Smith, D.F., Gull, K. and Field, M.C. (2005). An evolutionarily conserved coiled-coil protein implicated in polycystic kidney disease is involved in basal body duplication and flagellar biogenesis in Trypanosoma brucei. Molecular Biology of the Cell; 25, 3774-3783.
(5) Berriman, M., . . . Morgan, G.W., . . . El‑Sayed, N. (2005). The genome of the African trypanosome, Trypanosoma brucei. Science; 309, 416-422.
(6) Denny, P.W., Morgan, G.W., Field, M.C., and Smith, D.F. (2005). Leishmania major: clathrin and adaptin complexes of an intracellular parasite. Experimental Parasitology; 109, 33-37.
(7) Morgan, G.W., Goulding, D. and Field M.C. (2004). The single dynamin-like protein of trypanosoma brucei regulates mitochondrial division and is not required for endocytosis. The Journal of Biological Chemistry; 279, 10692-10701.
(8) Gruenfelder, C., Engstler, M., Weise, F., Schwarrz, H., Steirhof, Y.D., Morgan, G.W., Field, M.C., Boshart, M., and Overath, P. (2003). Endocytosis of a GPI-anchored protein via clathrin-coated vesicles, sorting by default in endosomes and exocytosis via TbRAB11-positive carriers. Molecular Biology of the Cell; 14, 2029-2040.
(9) Jeffries, T.R., Morgan, G.W. and Field, M.C. (2002). TbRAB18, a developmentally regulated Golgi GTPase from Trypanosoma brucei. Molecular and Biochemical Parasitology; 121, 63-74.
(10) Jeffries, T.R., Morgan, G.W. and Field, M.C. (2001). A developmentally regulated RAB11 homologue in Trypanosoma brucei is involved in recycling processes. The Journal of Cell Science; 114, 2617-2626.
(11) Morgan, G.W., Allen, C.L., Jeffries, T.R., Hollinshead, M. and Field, M.C. (2001). Developmental and morphological regulation of clathrin-mediated endocytosis in Trypanosoma brucei. The Journal of Cell Science; 114, 2605-2615.
(12) Raghavan, S., Williams, I., Aslam, H., Thomas, D., Szoor, B., Morgan, G., Gross, S., Turner, J., Fernandes, J., VijayRaghavan, K. and Alphey, L. (2000). Protein phosphatase 1beta is required for the maintenance of muscle attachments. Current Biology; 10, 269-272.
(13) Alphey, L., Parker, L., Hawcroft, G., Guo, Y., Kaiser, K., and Morgan, G. (1997). KLP38B: a mitotic kinesin-related protein that binds PP1. The Journal of Cell Biology; 138, 395-409.
(14) Cole, L., Coleman, J., Keans, A., Morgan, G. and Hawes, C. (1991). The organic anion transport inhibitor, probenecid, inhibits the transport of Lucifer Yellow at the plasma membrane and the tonoplast in suspension-cultured plant cells. The Journal of Cell Science; 99, 545-555.
(15) Field, M.C., Allen, C.L., Dhir, V., Goulding, D., Hall, B.H., Morgan, G.W, Veazey, P., and Engstler, M.E., (2003). New Approaches to the Microscopic Imaging of Trypanosoma brucei. Microscopy and Microanalysis; 10, 621-636.
(16) Morgan, G.W., Hall, B.S., Denny, P.W., Carrington, M.C., and Field, M.C. (2002). The kinetoplastida endocytic apparatus. Part I: a dynamic system for nutrition and evasion of host defences. Trends in Parasitology; 18, 491-496.
(17) Morgan, G.W., Hall, B.S., Denny, P.W., Carrington, M.C., and Field, M.C. (2002). The endocytic apparatus of the kinetoplastida. Part II: machinery and components of the system. Trends in Parasitology; 18, 540-546.
04/10: SGM Spring Conference, EICC, Edinburgh, UK. Vaccinia protein F12 has structural similarity to kinesin light chain and contains a motor binding motif required for virion export.
10/05: BSCB Autumn Meeting: Signalling and Cytoskeletal Dynamics during infection. Heriot Watt University, UK. Movement of Vaccinia virus intracellular enveloped virions (IEVs) to the cell periphery.
04/04: BSCB Spring Meeting. University of Kent at Canterbury, UK. A novel coiled-coil protein of Trypanosoma brucei, TbSLRP43, regulates flagellar biogenesis.
12/02: Meeting on Transport of Proteins and Membranes in the Secretory Pathway. Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Göttingen, Germany. Molecular mechanisms of clathrin-mediated vesicular traffic in Trypanosoma brucei.
9/02: Molecular Parasitology Meeting. Marine Biological Laboratory, Woods Hole, MA. USA. TbMAP, a novel microtubule associated protein from Trypanosoma brucei.
03/02: BSCB Spring Meeting. University of York, UK. A novel microtubule binding protein from Trypanosoma brucei involved in the maintenance of cellular architecture.
9/01: Molecular Parasitology Meeting. Marine Biological Laboratory, Woods Hole, MA. USA. The dynamin-like protein of Trypanosoma brucei.
9/00: Molecular Parasitology Meeting. Marine Biological Laboratory, Woods Hole, MA. USA. Clathrin mediated endocytosis in Trypanosoma brucei.
10/97: EMBO – FEBBS workshop on protein phosphatases and protein dephosphorylation. St. Catherine’s College, Oxford, UK. Interaction of PP1 87B with a mitotic kinesin-like protein.
04/97: Annual Drosophila Research Conference. Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers. Chicago, IL, USA. PP1-binding proteins in Drosophila.
04/93: BSCB Joint Spring Meeting. University of East Anglia, UK. Isolation of integral membrane proteins from the secretory pathway.